A child without education is like a bird without wings.
Auburn Education Foundation administers privately funded scholarships to students to assist them in furthering their academic pursuits. Criteria and other information about currently available scholarships are listed below.
The Nicholas J. DeSocio Memorial Scholarship
2019 Recipient: Samantha Lesch
2017 Recipient: Ryan Chalupnicki
2016 Recipient: Maggie Lesch
The Nicholas J. DeSocio Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by his loving parents, Mr. James and Mrs. Cheryl DeSocio, and sister Christine, to preserve the memory of their beloved son and brother, Nicholas (1989-2010). Nick was a kind and generous spirit who enjoyed motor sports, golfing, and fishing and working with his hands. He was deeply loved and will be missed by a wide circle of family and close friends.
Amount: $500 (minimum)
Number Awarded: one student
Due Date: May 1, 2018
Criteria: This scholarship will be awarded to an Auburn High School student who demonstrates a strong work ethic and the values Nicholas believed in.
– First preference will be given to a student who played on the Auburn High School golf team and who
– Intends to play on the golf team at Cayuga Community College.
– If no golf student meets these requirements, the award may be given to any student pursuing an AAS (Associate of Applied Sciences) Degree at Cayuga Community College and intends to work in any technical or skilled trade related field.
The Dean LaDue Memorial Scholarship
2019 Recipients: Baylee Kennedy, Ashley Reilly
2018 Recipients: James Bennink, Hunter Dugar, Karleigh Harris, Kennedy Wilson
2017 Recipients: Owen Baker, Nicholas Gavras, Carmen Liberatore, Salence Nguyen
2016 Recipients: Meghan Dann, Austin Dugar, Ellisyn Lupo, Tyler Mason
The Dean and Margaret LaDue Memorial Scholarship Fund was established by his loving wife, Mrs. Margaret LaDue, in 2009 to preserve the memory of her beloved husband, Mr. Dean LaDue. Dean was a respected science teacher at Auburn High School.
Amount: $500 – $2,000
Number Awarded: up to four students
Due Date: May 1, 2018 — return to AHS Guidance Office
Criteria: This scholarship will be awarded to an Auburn High School senior(s) who have:
– Maintained an academic average of 85% or greater in MATH and SCIENCE, and
– Intends to pursue a career in TEACHING MATH or SCIENCE.
– If no candidate is found meeting the above criteria, this scholarship may be awarded to a student pursuing any career related to the subjects of Math, Science, or Nursing.